It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Frank Frazetta 1928-2010


Frank Frazetta passed away in a hospital in Florida; the cause of death was a stroke. His style was deeply influential and instantly recognizable, and his absence in the art world will be felt. When I was a kid, my dad had a small print of one of his paintings on the inside of his towel cabinet, and there were a number of books on the shelves of our house with his work on the covers. I think that was one of the triggers that got me reading- I wanted to know who these incredible people and monsters were!

Thank you, Mr. Frazetta, for giving breadth to my developing imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment