It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Love New York





Precious

I just want to walk this city, always
The background blur in a thousand photographs
Gliding along with all the old ghosts of me
Whose sentences begin with, "Do you remember...?"
And I answer yes, no matter the truth

I take their hands, hot with their exertions
I can feel the birds in their muscles
Suddenly they need a different train
They're on the wrong street
They're gone, but they never go far

Their hearts are stuffed with old Time Out pages
The free events circled
They breathe coffee
You can play them the whole song
But they'll only hear the last line

                                             -New York City, 25th and 9th
                                              14 January, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment