It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Something Wicked (I)

Okay, so I decided to join the #inktober movement over on Instagram, just to really get acquainted with how much I haaaate inking stuff. It's not going all that bad, but it does help to show me how dependent I've become on Photoshop. I never draw things together, like in this piece:



I'd usually draw these witches separately, in my safe little blue pencil, then piece them together. Instead I was "bold", I "challenged myself" and drew them together. Time-consuming and way more difficult than it had any right to be. Then, because #inktober, I added a whole mess of ink:


It looks okay, I'm fine with it. I only really like the middle witch, though, so I cut her out and made a t-shirt design for my #1 fan to celebrate the #1 month:


More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment