It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Monday, April 27, 2009

(I) Bees


A friend commissioned me to make a logo around the phrase "BB21", a personal code between her and her husband. I chose to draw the B's as actual honeybees in the couple's likenesses.

Sidenote: A friend asked me why I dislike drawing pupils and irises. I honestly have no idea. I do draw pupils in certain situations, but I guess with animals it's different. Not including them here gives the couple an animal-esque feel without taking them too far away from their actual human likenesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment