It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Glamour Shots! (P)

My very patient friend Maret and I met to relive an old tradition between us: glamour shots! This happened a few times waaaay back in high school, when we actually used film - like, there was a set number of photos you could take per roll, and you didn't actually see those pictures for several days until they came back from the photo developing place. Yeah. 

Maret can tell you some tales - a river set-up where she almost drowned as her dress (actually a sheet) pulled her off-balance and downstream; a legendary series modeled on the seven sins, now lost to posterity - but we always have a great time together. And we learn things, too: this time we both took home the lesson that I am NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a make up artist; turns out it's NOT just like painting! Huh! She's a trooper, and I think she looks absolutely beautiful.

Marianne - you're up next!









No comments:

Post a Comment