It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

R.I.P. Ray Harryhausen, 1920 - 2013




Man, if there's a guy more responsible for shaping my imagination when I was a wee, I can't think of him. I don't typically get upset when wonderful people pass away after long, wonderful lives, but it does make me pause and think how blessed I was for their presence. Jason and the Argonauts, The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, and, of course, Clash of the Titans were all pivotal visions for me. I watched them over and over, especially at Christmas time when they always seemed to be on TV. I was too young at first to really pay attention to anything but the amazing creatures, but there wasn't all that much more to these movies anyway. Well done, Mr. Harryhausen. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am interested in the rights to one of your images. Please contact me at:
    thebengal2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete