It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Monday, October 14, 2024

A Perfect Catwalk (W)

Here's a piece I wrote for a (very) short story contest I entered a few months back. For my group, the genre was horror (perfect for the Best Month!), and it had to include a podium and the word 'charging' in some form. I'm a very firm believer in equal rights and opportunities for trans people, and this was a nod to the power of that community. Also queer magik IS real! WERK! 

    We didn’t even know the spell would work until Principal Davis called Avi’s name. That’s when the pounding on the back doors started up. Like, those doors opened outwards, but something was pounding those doors in, like totally unrelenting, super loud. And it got real cold, and it was, like, hard to move...

To read more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment