It's...the OwlHenryBlog!

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I post my latest work - illustration (I), graphic design (GD), photos (P), videos (V), writing (W) - as well as stuff I like by other people (OPP- "otha people's pictures"). Check back often for updates, and to show you care.

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Folio Society Annual Illustration Contest Submission (I)

It's been a goal of mine to submit to Folio Society's annual illustration contest for years, and this year I finally did! 

The challenge was to design an image or the first chapter of Kazuo Ishiguro's novel Never Let Me Go. In it, a 'carer' is tending to a dying 'donor,' recounting stories from her early days at the legendary Hailsham Academy.

I collaborated with my wonderful frrrrrrrrr Jenny Grace, who did the beautiful collage within the central figure, all the amazing colors. We didn't make the shortlist, but it was a really good exercise in stepping out of my comfort zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment